Success—it is a dream reached for by every small business owner.
Yet it is a dream rarely realized:
Fewer than 80% of small businesses in the U.S. survive their first year, and at five years, the survival rate drops below 50%.
The question is—why? It’s certainly not for a lack of sweat, enthusiasm, gumption, and grit…
We believe there are three keys to small business success:
We are reaching out to you, the creative problem solving community to help us develop an innovative set of tools that will help small business owners more readily achieve the success they so desperately seek by mastering these three keys.
Why are we doing this?
Small business owners are the engines moving economies forward. Nurturing these entrepreneurs and their businesses brings significant returns to local and regional financial markets.
…Yet they rarely get the support they deserve.
“Do-It-Yourself business owners” truly do anything and everything imaginable to inch their businesses towards success. Even though motivation is high, there are too many demands to be met each day - It’s no wonder DIY business owners often struggle.
In order to ensure these economic lynchpins not only survive, but thrive, it’s critical to provide small business owners with the tools necessary to grow their businesses, manage day-to-day responsibilities, build better partnerships, and properly lead their employees.
This is where you come in!
DIY business owners can benefit greatly from the development of tools tailored specifically for them—tools that don’t ask them to “read the book” or “attend the seminar.”
They need practical (and applicable) insight into strategic thinking, leadership, and projection of the optimism they have within.
We are reaching out to you, the problem solving community, to create a series of tools that will help DIY entrepreneurs form viable strategies for their businesses, lead their employees to success, and create winning cultures within their companies.
You can submit an entry for one, two, or all three success categories:
Success category: STRATEGY
- Module 1: Planning to Create Competitive Advantage
- Module 2: Branding Your Vision and Your Business
- Module 3: Selling to Generate New Customers
Success category: LEADERSHIP
- Module 4: Resilience and Conquering New Territory
- Module 5: Building Your Team and Key Partnerships
- Module 6: Commanding Presence
Success category: CULTURE
- Module 7: Creating Great Company Culture
- Module 8: The Value of Simplicity
- Module 9: Work-Life Balance and Stress Management
If you’re ready to help the VITALLY IMPORTANT yet underserved market of DIY business owners, read the full challenge guidelines!
What Can You Do Right Now?
- Click the “Accept Challenge” button above to REGISTER
- Read the Challenge Guidelines to learn about the requirements and rules
- Click the “Follow” button above to be notified of any updates
- Share this challenge with ANYONE who might be interested in developing an engaging training curriculum for small business owners—use the social media buttons beneath the challenge image above
- Use the Forum to ask any questions about the challenge and collaborate with fellow innovators