What We Collect
Information You Give Us. We collect information you directly give us on our Site, like: your name, email address, password, location, education history, and work history.
Information We Get from Others. We may get information about you from other sources like social networking services you choose to connect with our services. We may add this to information we get from this Site.
Information Automatically Collected. We automatically log information about you and your computer. For example, when you visit our Site we log your computer's operating system, Internet Protocol (IP) address, access times, browser type and language, and the website you visited before coming to our Site are logged automatically. We also log information about your use of and actions on our Site.
Web Beacons. We may log information using digital images called Web beacons on our Site or in our emails. We use Web beacons to manage cookies, count visits, and to learn what marketing works and what does not. We also use Web Beacons to tell if you open or act on our emails.
Local Shared Objects ("Flash Cookies").
We may use local shared objects, also known as "Flash cookies,” to store your preferences such as volume control or to display content based upon what you view on our websites to personalize your visit. Flash cookies are different from other cookies because of the amount of, type of, and way in which data is stored. Cookie management tools provided by your browser usually will not remove Flash cookies. To learn how to manage privacy and storage settings for Flash cookies click here: http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager.html#117118
(or in the EU http://www.youronlinechoices.com/
Third party partners may also automatically collect information to provide certain features on our Site, conduct analytics, and display advertising based upon your Web browsing activity.
Use of Personal Information
We use your personal information to:
- operate and improve our Site, services, and marketing;
- provide you with a personalized and customized experience;
- respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service;
- provide and deliver services and information you request;
- send you information related to your requests and engagement, including confirmations, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- communicate with you about contests, promotions, upcoming events, and news about products and services offered by HeroX and our selected partners (we do this per your choices below);
- link or combine your personal information with other information we get about your use of our Site and from third parties, to help understand you and your needs, and provide you with recommendations, better service, and customized marketing; and protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity.
Sharing of Personal Information
Information You May Share
Our Site allows you to connect and share your actions, comments, content, and information with the world or with specific people. You may also connect to, and share your information on, third party websites and services. Please be mindful of your own privacy needs as you choose who to connect with and what to share and make public. We cannot control the privacy or security of information you choose to make public or share with others.
We do not share personal information with companies, organizations and individuals outside of HeroX unless one of the following circumstances applies:
- We may share personal information with your consent. For example, you may let us share personal information with others for their own campaigns, events, and marketing uses. Those uses will be subject to their privacy policies.
- We may share personal information when we do a business deal, or negotiate a business deal, involving sale or transfer of all or a part of our business or assets. These deals can include any merger, financing, acquisition, or bankruptcy transaction or proceeding.
- We may share personal information for legal, protection and safety purposes.
- We may share information to comply with laws.
- We may share information to respond to lawful requests and legal process.
- We may share information in an emergency. This includes protecting the safety of our employees and agents, our customers, or any person.
- We may share information with those who do work for us.
- We may also share aggregate and deidentified data with others.
Notice to California Residents - Your California Privacy Rights
(As Provided by California Civil Code section 1798.83)
A California resident who has provided personal information to a business with whom he/she has established a business relationship for personal, family, or household purposes (a "California Customer") may request information about whether the business has disclosed personal information to any third parties for the third parties' direct marketing purposes. In general, if the business has made such a disclosure of personal information, upon receipt of a request by a California Customer, the business is required to provide a list of all third parties to whom personal information was disclosed in the preceding calendar year and a list of the categories of personal information that were disclosed. California Customers may request further information about our compliance with this law by e-mailing email@example.com
. Please note that we are required to respond to one request per California Customer each year, and we are not required to respond to requests made by means other than through this e-mail address.
Information Choices And Changes
Our marketing emails tell you how to "opt-out." If you opt out, we may still send you non-marketing emails. Non-marketing emails include emails about your accounts and our business dealings with you.
You may send requests about personal information to our Contact Information below. You can request to change contact choices, opt-out of our sharing with others, and update your personal information.
When you visit our Site, our Site honors your Web browser signal and other similar mechanisms that indicate your choice to disable tracking of your online activities over time and across different websites and online services. You can typically remove and reject cookies from our Site with your browser settings. Many browsers are set to accept cookies until you change your settings. If you remove or reject our cookies, it could affect how our Site works for you. You can also adjust your preferences regarding Flash Cookies and Third Party Advertising used on our site as indicated above.
Security of Your Personal Information
We take steps to help protect personal information. No company can fully prevent security risks, however. Mistakes may happen. Bad actors may defeat even the best safeguards. To protect yourself and your information, choose a unique password for our Site and do not use a password on our Site that you would use on any other Site.
Individuals have a right to their personal data as collected by HeroX. This can be obtained by sending a request to firstname.lastname@example.org
In compliance with the Privacy Shield Principles, HeroX commits to resolve complaints about our collection or use of your personal information. European Union individuals with inquiries or complaints regarding our Privacy Shield policy should first contact HeroX at: email@example.com
HeroX commits to cooperate with the panel established by the EU data protection authorities (DPAs) and comply with the advice given by the panel with regard to data transferred from the EU.
The Federal Trade Commission has jurisdiction over HeroX’s compliance with the Privacy Shield.
An individual has the possibility, under certain conditions, to invoke binding arbitration for complaints regarding Privacy Shield compliance not resolved by any of the other Privacy Shield mechanisms. For additional information see: