Thank you to everyone who participated in the first round of the [Re]verse Pitch Competition. We've been impressed with the increased number of teams competiting this year and the strong caliber of ideas submitted. Congratulations to our 8 finalists:
- Bard Sustainability MBA Team, Austin Cubed-Street Banner Line - Repurposing: Vinyl street banners and mesh plastic bags
- Charles Bradbury, Pulp Fashion - Repurposing: Vinyl street banners, mesh plastic bags and fabric samples
- Gabriel Rocha, ACL Survival Bags - Repurposing: Vinyl street banners
- Melissa Meyer, GRUB - Repurposing: Inedible Canned Goods
- Quinault Childs, GrubTubs: Table to Farm - Repurposing: Inedible canned goods
- Re:3D, 3D Printing from Post-Consumer Waste - Repurposing: Mesh Plastic Bags
- Rowan Rodriguez, [RE]Charge - Repurposing: Vinyl street banners
- Team E, Austin’s Local Tarps - Repurposing: Vinyl street banners
Finalists are welcome to co-work with Switch Cowork at Trackside, located at 507 Calles Street - about 3 mins east of I-35! You can reach out to Christa Freeland on Slack for additional details.
We welcome all those who have participated to join us with their guests for the Final Competition on Tuesday, Dec. 6, 2016, 6 p.m. - 8:30 p.m. at Atlassian, 303 Colorado St. #1600, Austin, TX 78701.
FREE: Event is open to the public
For more information about the event, finalists and final pitch, please see the recent press release by the City: http://austintexas.gov/news/city-announces-2016-reverse-pitch-finalists
We look forward to seeing everyone on December 6th.