Drone technology parts

Birdman Oct. 6, 2017, 6:12 a.m. PDT
thanks Dennis,
I feel smarter already, joking
will do like you said,
Jeff

Dennis K Oct. 6, 2017, 6:02 a.m. PDT
@Birdman
Just get some cheap stuff from HobbyKing to build your first one. Not much difference when you scale up other than cost of the parts, and you'll probably crash a lot at first. Most motors will list recommended props.

The basic parts you need for a quad are 4 outrunner motors, 4 electronic speed controllers (ESC), 4 propellers, flight control board (Naze32 is one of the most popular), battery and the matching connector for it, radio transmitter and receiver, and of course a frame and nuts/bolts to assemble it.

You also need a low voltage supply for the electronics (called a BEC in RC terminology, and voltage regulator everywhere else) but it's usually built in to the speed controllers so you don't have to worry about it.

The frame is the only part you can really make at home. Wood is easy to work with but not super tough. Carbon fiber is tough, but not easy to work with. Some of the tougher 3D printing materials can be used as well.

Birdman Oct. 6, 2017, 5:18 a.m. PDT
I have built a lot of stuff, but i havent built a drone yet, Can some one suggest where to buy the parts, what size motors, propellers, controllers,
I know how to wire, with instructions, Joking. All of it has to be big enough to carry a lot of weight.