My name is Shawnnah Castillo. I have a degree in Computer Science from the University of California, San Diego and an Executive MBA from San Diego State University. I have over 16 years of experience in the medical device industry and have spent a significant amount of time focused on developing connectivity solutions, which includes but is not limited to:
• IHE Eye Care and DICOM committee representative,
• IOD chair driving standardization of eye care data reporting,
• Direct development and integration with EMRs for various medical devices and clinical applications for environments such as diagnostics clinics, hospitals and laboratories,
• Direct development of standardizations and
• Direct development of data centralized solutions.
I am currently working on developing connectivity platform prototype which is designed to allow medical devices to connect to any EMR via an abstraction layer, with the goal of taking the burden of understanding the complexed data standards away from the medical device manufacturers. My goal is to launch my own company by utilizing this technology. For additional information refer to www.motaic.com. The patient ID integrity check may fit in nicely within this architecture as a stand-alone plug-in.
I also have over 13 years of resource and project management experience in medical device development ranging from diagnostics in eye care, critical care in ventilation and most recently in new innovations in the life sciences and in-vitro-diagnostics. I have successfully launched multiple products by managing both small and large teams spanning globally. I am well versed in quality standards and regulations in the industry and have brought several products through 510K with the FDA and clearances internationally as well.